The Account Director is a leader within the Media team and runs strategic Enterprise accounts in the audio influencer space. This role will also have ownership over functional long-term strategic initiatives within the media team. This role will lead a team to help develop strategies to execute and optimize client campaigns focusing on client growth goals and KPI’s. This role will drive the complete strategy and make sure all facets of the campaign – from creative concepting to campaign tracking to influencer communication and more – run smoothly and will delegates tasks appropriately. The Account Director is also responsible for leading a team of Account Strategists and Planners who will support a wide variety of clients in various industries while mentoring and supporting team development. This role will also be a functional media leader and visionary for long-term internal strategic vision and will report regularly to the Media Leadership Team. ARM requires all Account Directors to consistently exceed client and internal expectations in all areas.
- Primary liaison with the client and owner of the client relationship – will own Enterprise level accounts and drive all communication and leadership related to these accounts
- Develop strategic plan for client including campaign development and performance optimization, all while adhering to client budgets and understanding how the campaign fits into the larger audio ecosystem.
- Understand client KPI’s and able to confidently create and proactively optimize campaigns to hit client goals.
- Create and present campaign strategy through QBR’s and other regular business reviews with both internal leadership and client.
- Be able to develop long-term strategies and vision on client accounts and clearly articulate those to internal leadership team and clients through effective communication strategies
- Lead, mentor and develop team, consisting of Account Strategists and Planners. Be able to challenge them to develop better processes and communication techniques to better serve our clients as well as to grow and optimize campaigns.
- Work with strategic rep partners to negotiate and develop creative audio opportunities and be able to clearly articulate the value in these opportunities to both the team and clients.
- Partner with Media Leadership on strategic initiatives and have ownership over a specific functional area. Create a vision and plan to execute on the functional area. Responsible for reconciling monthly billing and working with finance to ensure accurate billing. Support and train team on billing when appropriate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate effectively between all internal departments as well as with vendors and clients – able to clearly articulate vision and explain complex problems
- Strong ability to think critically and be able to fill in gaps when not all the information is clearly defined
- Excellent strategic thinker with a proven track record of leadership skills
- Very comfortable in excel and working with spreadsheets and numbers
- Confident demeanor and ability to persuade and have a strong point of view
- Able to work autonomously or collectively in a high-pressure/fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and able to multi-task and pivot quickly based on client and organization needs
- Ability to lead and mentor a team and get the best out of the employees
- Ability to meet both internal and client deadlines
- Knowledge of analytics and ability to interpret data help guide clients on plan optimization based on client KPI’s
- Some knowledge of web analytics, specifically Google Analytics, is a plus
- Self-starter who isn’t afraid to ask hard questions
- Thirst for knowledge and seeks to better themselves in the industry by participating in educational opportunities and keeping up on industry news.