A Senior Media Planner’s primary role is to support the Account Strategist in executing client advertising campaigns as well as to mentor and support Media Planners. Senior Media Planners work with outside reps to negotiate and vet media buys for our clients, handle the information flow between the reps, internal account strategists and clients, own the order process as well as the executional tasks associated with client accounts such as host calls, product set up, code set up, media scheduling and being a conduit with our internal copy and compliance teams. Senior Planners should delegate these tasks to Media Planners and help train them and oversee their work. The Senior Planners will also be responsible for evaluating and improving processes, both internal and client-facing, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Strong knowledge of SBMS and able to manage and execute on the order entry process
- Check orders and ensure accurate entry by the Media Planners
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with various media partners to be able to effectively vet and manage ad availability
- Negotiate buys with reps to ensure best terms for client campaigns
- Research, evaluate and organize all media opportunities and availability and work with Account Strategist to help present strong opportunities to clients
- Work with Account Strategist and outside rep groups to make schedule changes
- Assist Account Strategist with finance discrepancies or billing questions as needed and resolve all spot discrepancies with networks and show hosts and ensure that buying software (SBMS/Strata) is updated and reconciled.
- Drive quality control and establish optimization levels to assist in exceeding client KPI goals
- Own tactical items for campaign management such as code set up, product samples, influencer calls among other items. Delegate as appropriate.
- Work with internal compliance team to ensure all tactical elements related to client and campaigns are executed properly
- Work with hosts or rep groups on various items to set up campaigns. Delegate tasks to Media Planners as necessary.
- Provide training and mentorship to media planners
- Ad hoc client projects as requested by Account Strategist
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment where you need to work quickly and accurately
- Able to look at the big picture of the account to understand where improvements can be made
- Proficiency in audio media buying systems used by Ad Results Media
- Comfortable negotiating with outside partners
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and working with spreadsheets
- Strong numerical aptitude and accuracy
- Knowledge of Google Sheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to perform detailed tasks accurately the first time
- Able to take direction well as well learn and follow internal processes
- Able to delegate and know when to pass things along and when to keep do it themselves
- Willingness to mentor, support and train other Media Planners on the team
- Confident demeanor, but also understanding when to ask for help and clarification.
- Not be afraid to ask questions and learn.
- Adheres to deadlines
- Self-starter, industrious and strong critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of teamwork and willingness to collaborate cross-functionally