The media planner will primarily support the media planning and buying team and will be responsible for the strategic investment and reliable execution of our client’s advertising campaigns. Tasks include campaign negotiation and refinement, external media negotiations, ownership of the media buying order flow process, support of other client projects and needs, and development of strong relationships with media partners so as to satisfy our client's objectives. A successful media planner can thrive in a fast-paced environment and must be very detail-oriented, organized, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. They are resourceful and have strong data entry and negotiation skills.
The key differentiator between a media planner and an entry-level media coordinator is a demonstrated history of media planning and buying, or prior agency experience. Audio or influencer backgrounds are strongly preferred, but not required.
- Familiarize yourself with company operations and media planning and buying processes
- Work with audio networks across podcasts, radio, digital streaming platforms, and YouTube influencers to discuss client campaigns, ask for interest in endorsement, and build plans that come to life
- Build and maintain a strong working knowledge of audio influencer channels.
- Work with the account strategist to showcase how shows come to life in channel recommendations, and position when a show or channel may not be right for a client’s business goals or budget
- Join client and team status calls to stay in the know about account strategy and tactical activation. Depending on the client assignment, optionally, present tactical recommendations for individual channels with the support of the account strategy team
- Accurately enter all buys and orders into audio buying system (SBMS)
- Work with the account strategy team to ensure that client budgets and flowcharts match what is approved to book and in contracts with networks
- Manage orders for ARM clients
- Manage an opportunity log of all shows discussed, considered, approved, booked, and tested for clients
- Support onboarding of networks and shows to our client's products and/or services. Onboarding includes education our networks and shows about what the product is, how it comes to life in the placements we have booked, and managing deadlines on when copy is due
- Assist in assigning an airchecks when a media placement goes live
- Support the account strategist with help from the media coordinator in looking at billing actualizations to finalize invoicing to clients
- Complete specialized advertising research projects using specialized tools to help inform future client recommendations
- Creation and distribution of insertion orders for clients to networks to secure inventory and ensure media plans are delivered on as contracted
- Serve on at least 1-2 internal ARM committees related to subject matter expertise, company operations, enrichment, career development, and/or social committees
- At least 2 years work experience in media, marketing, or advertising
- Proficiency in media buying systems, including systems like SBMS, Prisma, etc.
- Deadline oriented, being able to manage deadlines both with clients and internal stakeholders
- Proficiency in excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions
- Self-starter, industrious and strong critical thinking skills
- Invested in client happiness and success
- Critical thinking specifically within negotiation skills and role/goal of tactical recommendations
- Highly organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at a time
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and with multiple teams on projects and provide proper updates
- Open and willing to negotiate with any audio-influencer networks on behalf of ARM and their clients
- Self-described “go-getter” / hustler, anticipating the next step and action to make teams and client projects move forward